Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
As we move toward spring, we have been working to analyze ways that we can continue to keep our COVID numbers low, while also beginning the process of slowly re-integrating our volunteers back into our buildings. We met with local health authorities this week to ensure we are continuing to collaborate and make student-centered health and safety decisions.
At the upcoming Board of Education meeting (Monday morning at 7:30 am in the community room at Heritage- and via zoom), they will be reviewing and updating our re-entry plan. We anticipate being able to make a few revisions which will be helpful in the pursuit of spring traditions like Punga and Time to Rise nights. At this meeting, the BOE will also have an agenda item for the 21-22 academic calendar and the spring review of building safety plans. Also, the first meeting in March is historically the one meeting of the year that is typically held in the morning. It is the annual certified staff rehire meeting. It is scheduled in the morning to allow for the added time involved in the process.
- COMC Health Clinic at the Old Fieldhouse is OPEN!! Hours are 7:45 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. (M-Fr.) If you want your child to have the option to be seen at the clinic, please fill out the consent form that was sent home. A student WILL NOT receive services at the clinic without a completed form. If you have any questions or need information about the services provided you can call the clinic. The COMC Health Clinic is an OPTIONAL service provided by COMC and School of the Osage. Phone Numbers: (573) 552-8852 or (573) 348-0115 ext. 4501.
- The date for Punga is April 10!
- The next Five Tribes OFP Zoom meeting is scheduled for TOMORROW- Thursday, March 4 at 12:30 pm. Please click here for the zoom link and enter the Meeting ID #: 91771651419 & Passcode: 581864. If you would like to call in, dial: 1-301-715-8592, passcode: 581864. All are welcomed and encouraged to participate!
- Check out our COVID dashboard by clicking here.
- To check out another of our excellent Osage seniors -click here.
- OHS Theatre production of The Curious Savage is March 11 & 12 at 7:00 pm -for more information, click here.
- Spring Break will be the week of March 15th - there will be no childcare services or distance learning.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426