Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! It’s been a truly unique (if not crazy) year. But as our Osage Team made it back safely after a few days away, we agree that there is so much for which to be grateful. Your support, understanding, and generosity have been instrumental in the success of this year to date. THANK YOU!
- At the Board of Education meeting last week (11/23), the BOE determined that the guidelines in the existing re-entry plan would continue to stand. (Masks required for staff. Strongly encouraged for students.)
- In other BOE meeting news- a plan to collaborate with COMC to offer an onsite clinic was also approved! We are really excited about this and hopeful to have it up and running by January. COMC will hire and supervise the staff of this clinic. It will be available to all Osage students, their families, and Osage staff. We anticipate this opportunity will allow families and staff to save time and money. The convenience alone will be worth a lot. We will provide additional details as the implementation plan evolves.
- As you know, keeping all school buildings open has been goal one this year. Goal two is keeping our schedule of activities as normal as possible. We made it through fall sports with no attendance restrictions. However, as more activities move inside and the number of COVID19 cases continues to increase in our area, we worked with the Miller County Health department to create attendance guidelines that are in general alignment with the state of the pandemic in our region. For more information regarding SOTO Activities and attendance guidelines click here. As with everything this year, we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly.
- The look of our website will be refreshed tomorrow. Check it out here. There is a link at the bottom of the new home page to provide suggestions and input.
- Let’s pay it forward to members of our community that need some extra encouragement and love during this year of COVID, especially during the Holidays. Please get a special ornament, write a word of gratitude and/or encouragement on it and hang it on the tree at the Stonebridge Senior Living Center. Click here for details from our Osage Cares team.
- Click here for the latest COVID-19 dashboard update.
- The next Four Tribes OFP Zoom meeting is scheduled for TOMORROW- Thursday, December 3 at 12:30 pm. This is an informal conversation regarding thoughts and perceptions regarding what is working, what can be improved, address any parent questions/concerns and learn about district updates. Please click here for the zoom link and enter the Meeting ID #: 91771651419 & Passcode: 581864. If you would like to call in, dial: 1-301-715-8592, passcode: 581864. We’ve received several questions about the calendar for next school year. And it also appears that the Department of Health and Senior Services is on track to clear the way for COVID related quarantines to be shortened from 14 days to 10. These are a few of the topics that tomorrow’s meeting will touch upon. All are welcomed and encouraged to participate!
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426