Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
As you may know, I started writing these updates in the spring of 2020. Sending a regular update to families and communities was a goal within our communication plan. However, it took the unique events of COVID-closure to prioritize the project. Since then we have been using the same basic format. Next week’s update will be the last one in this format- and the last regular one until August. Our plan for this summer is to update our communication plan and refresh the look and usability of the weekly update for next school year.
Graduation practice went well today, and we are on track for an excellent celebration of the Class of 2022 tomorrow 5/19, starting at 7:00 pm at the OHS stadium, weather permitting. It will also be live-streamed; please see below for additional information.
Best wishes for a strong finish to the school year!
- Our district has four core values: Tradition, Opportunity, Innovation, and Strength. Students in the OHS Tech Tribe have created videos highlighting OPPORTUNITY and INNOVATION and what it means to students and staff at Osage. Click here for part two of the many opportunities here at Osage. Click here to see innovation in the works…what was and now is…we’ve come a long way.
- The class of 2022 graduation ceremony will be live streamed through LakeTV. You can watch the ceremony live through CO-MO Connect Channel 90, FaceBook Live (found on LakeTV's FaceBook page), MyLakeTV.com, and on the LakeTV Roku app -click here for more information.
- Look for an email from Amy Verslues at the middle school and Kirstin Schnakenberg at the high school for a form to request a summer iPad checkout for your child (students exiting grades 6-11). We will consider the device covered by the same insurance that it was covered by during this school year. Please note: We are not collecting student iPad charging cables and blocks this year; those may remain at home over the summer.
- We are excited to announce we will be having our SOTO Summer Reading Challenge again this summer. From Memorial Day to Labor Day, students are invited to "Read Across America" with a goal of reading 2790 "miles" - the distance from New York City to Los Angeles. Each page read is equal to one mile and you may include pages you read or pages read to you (including audiobooks). Click here for more information and how to log your pages. Please note: students may not begin logging pages until May 30, 2022.
- Thank you to our community partners, HyVee, Delta Gasses Inc, Missouri Wildflowers Nursery for donations to help us celebrate the Year of Cultivation.
- Check out Sénior Gier’s Piñatas! Click here.
- Check out another of our excellent Osage seniors by clicking here.
- In partnership with Lake Regional Health Systems, free sports physicals for middle school and high school students will be on the high school campus next Wednesday - May 25, 2022 starting at 3:45 pm. Click here for more information.
- The SOTO COMC clinic will be open Wednesdays only for walk-ins through the rest of the school year and into summer. Appointments are available other days of the week at the COMC Osage Beach clinic. This adjustment has been made to align with service usage patterns. Please call the Osage Beach clinic at 573-302-7490 to schedule an appointment.
- In partnership with COMC, free sports physicals will be provided every Friday in June at the following COMC clinics: Osage Beach, Camdenton, Eldon and Richland. Click here.
- Saturday, July 30 from 9am - 12pm the COMC clinics at: Eldon, Camdenton, Osage Beach, and Laurie will also host an opportunity for students to receive a free dental cleaning and exam and a free sports physical.
- For more information about summer athletics & activities for middle school and high school click here.
- If you would like to request hotspot service on your child’s device, please click here to fill out the request form.
- Summer School registration is open! Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Click here to register and for more information.
- During summer school, School of the Osage is offering free breakfast and lunch, through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), to all children and teens, ages 1-18 years for free. Breakfast and Lunch will be held at Heritage Elementary and Osage Upper Elementary during breakfast and lunch hours during summer school. Click here for more information.
- Extended Learning will be offered after school in June for students in grades K - 6th. Our K - 2 graders will be at Heritage Elementary and our 3 - 6 graders will be at the Upper Elementary. Extended Learning will begin on June 7th and offered Tuesdays - Fridays from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. There will be two Mondays offered (June 13th & 27th) from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Extended Learning on these Mondays will be parent drop off and pickups. If you would like your student(s) to attend the extended learning program in June, please enroll your student(s) when registering for summer school.
- Save the Date: New Family Assistance & On-Line Registration Support held at the high school August 10, 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm. More information to come this summer on how to register online for next school year.
- Middle School & High School pictures will be August 10, 3-7 pm and August 11, 8 am - 12:00 pm at the high school.
- In collaboration with the Osage Family Partnership we invite all Pre-K - 12 Grade Families to Osage Fest at the high school -August 10 from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm, click here for more information.
- Click here for the board approved 2022-23 academic calendar.
- For event information, click here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- For the COVID dashboard, please click here.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson