Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I am reminded of how thankful I am for all you have done to make school possible this fall. All buildings have remained fully open and instances of active cases among students have remained manageable. Click here for the latest COVID-19 dashboard update. It is important to remember that conditions change quickly. We are constantly monitoring cases in our school and community and are committed to managing any changes as they occur.
Our current plan for keeping schools open is consistent with our reopening plan- which requires all staff members to have a mask continuously on their bodies- and properly protectively in place- when within 6 feet of other people. Furthermore, the plan strongly encourages students to wear a mask- but does not mandate it for them. At the next regularly scheduled BOE meeting, the School of the Osage School Board will consider whether or not the modified guidance from the Governor triggers the need to modify the requirements of the existing School of the Osage reentry plan.
- Do you want to request for your student to move from in-person to virtual learning or back from virtual to in-person learning? Please submit your request by email to the designated contact by November 20. Heritage: [email protected], Upper Elementary: [email protected], Middle School: [email protected], High School: [email protected].
- Thank you to all who participated in the recent thought exchange. Click here to learn more about what was shared and what we are doing with what we learned!
- We are going to adjust our “snow day” strategy. The first five weather related closures will be traditional snow days where there is no required distance learning. Days 6 and beyond will utilize our distance learning plan, should those days be needed.
- OHS Theatre is proud to present The Wizard of Oz. In order to keep our audience safe and socially distanced, half capacity of Cummings Auditorium will be sold for each performance. Show dates/times are November 19-21 at 7:00 PM with a 2:00 PM Matinee on Saturday (Understudy Show). Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- There will be a senior citizens drive-thru dinner tomorrow, November 19th from 4:00 - 5:00 pm. RSVP: (573) 348-0115 or visit our website for more information.
- Click here for information on how to participate in the Osage Cares November Challenges hosted by our Osage Wellness team.
- The district is closed next week Wednesday through Friday. There won’t be a weekly update on Wednesday, November 25. See you back here again on December 2.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426