Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
In this week’s “Everyday Excellence” video, we take you into our work with the ACT exam. The ACT, a college readiness exam, is available for all eleventh grade students at School of the Osage each year for no cost to the student. Students have the opportunity to take a practice exam each year, and can see their progress as they continue through their education.
As you probably remember, being a High School student can be stressful; their schedules fill up with a variety of the extracurricular opportunities we offer: clubs, activities, internships, flex job placements, and a wide range of sports fill their “free time.” However, their academic work remains our top priority. In an effort to support this focus and to celebrate those students who were able to reach for higher goals academically, leaders at Osage High School allotted time to recognize students who have seen growth in their ACT test scores.
Equipping all learners for a lifetime of success is our mission, and sometimes celebrating the small or large victories inspires us all to a brighter tomorrow. Congratulations to each of the students whose hard work and achievement brought them academic growth and opportunities for a lifetime of success.
- This week is teacher appreciation week. Click here to see what students have to say about SOTO teachers.
- Thank you to our Osage Family Partnership for their support of our teachers and for showing each teacher how much they are appreciated.
- Join us this Friday as we celebrate School Lunch Hero Day. We are so thankful for our food service department for ensuring each student has a healthy meal. Click here to meet our food service staff.
- Have you ever wanted to learn to train a dog, repair a car, or captain a large boat? Would it be exciting to be a police officer, graphic designer, or a health care worker? If Osage Upper Elementary students hadn’t given it much thought a few weeks ago, they might be interested now. Click here for highlights from the UE Career and Hobby Fair.
- OHS students voting at the polls for next years STUCO & TRIBE officers-click here.
- Check out another of our excellent Osage seniors by clicking here.
- Osage High School will host graduation on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at the stadium beginning at 7:00 pm. Senior parents, click here for more information.
- Thank you to our partners at the COMC Mobile Dental Unit for providing dental services to SOTO students and staff this week!
- The SOTO COMC clinic will be open Wednesdays only for walk-ins through the rest of the school year and into summer. Appointments are available other days of the week at the COMC Osage Beach clinic. This adjustment has been made to align with service usage patterns. Please call the Osage Beach clinic at 573-302-7490 to schedule an appointment.
- In partnership with COMC, free sports physicals will be provided every Friday in June at the following COMC clinics: Osage Beach, Camdenton, Laurie and Richland.
- Saturday, July 30 from 9am - 12pm the COMC clinics at: Eldon, Camdenton, Osage Beach, and Laurie will also host an opportunity for students to receive a free dental cleaning and exam and a free sports physical.
- In partnership with Lake Regional Health Systems, free sports physicals for middle school and high school students will be on the high school campus on May 25, 2022 starting at 3:45 pm. Click here for more information.
- For more information about summer athletics & activities for middle school and high school click here.
- If you would like to request hotspot service on your child’s device, please click here to fill out the request form.
- Get your team together for the Middle School Dodgeball Tournament THIS FRIDAY, May 6th, 4:00 pm at the Middle School Gym. First 20 teams are in! Click here for registration packet and for more information.
- Summer School registration is now open! Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Click here to register and for more information.
- Extended Learning will be offered after school in June for students in grades K - 6th. Our K - 2 graders will be at Heritage Elementary and our 3 - 6 graders will be at the Upper Elementary. Extended Learning will begin on June 7th and offered Tuesdays - Fridays from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. There will be two Mondays offered (June 13th & 27th) from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Extended Learning on these Mondays will be parent drop off and pickups. If you would like your student(s) to attend the extended learning program in June, please enroll your student(s) when registering for summer school.
- Your School of the Osage Wellness Team would like to encourage you to participate in the Osage Cares 4th Quarter Wellness Challenge. This quarter, you have the opportunity to set your own personalized goal to cultivate your wellness. Click here for ideas and more information to get you started on your quarterly wellness goal. Once you’ve achieved your quarterly wellness goal (at the end of the quarter), please fill in the Google Form here by THIS FRIDAY, May 6 to qualify for the drawing.
- For the COVID dashboard, please click here.
- For event information, click here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson