Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
A few months ago, the OHS tech tribe, under the direction of instructor Mr. Rob Adams, started working to highlight the type of things that regularly go on in our schools so that families and community members could gain additional insight. I invite you to check out this video to take a quick tour of just a few of the opportunities at Osage; you will be able to see classes in Spanish, reading, weight-lifting and art. Another outstanding example can be viewed in this video about the Osage students who recently participated in the Special Olympics. Our student athletes won numerous medals as they were cheered on by staff and friends from school. Both videos demonstrate how opportunities are created out of community provided resources and are leveraged for the benefit of students by our district’s dedicated, knowledgeable and professional teachers.
- Check out another of our excellent Osage seniors by clicking here.
- Osage High School will host graduation on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at the stadium beginning at 7:00 pm. Senior parents, click here for more information.
- The Project Graduation Yard & Craft sale previously scheduled for this Saturday-April 30 has been canceled.
- The COMC Mobile Dental Unit is scheduled to be on the high school campus next Monday, May 2 through Wednesday, May 4 from 9:00 am t0 5:00 pm (except for 5/2 they will open at 10 am). If you would like your student to receive dental services please fill out these consent forms. Consent forms are to be returned to your child's school this Friday, April 29th. COMC is starting to schedule appointments for those interested in receiving services. Please contact Lori Henley with any questions at 573-365-4091.
- The SOTO COMC clinic will be open Wednesdays only for walk-ins through the rest of the school year and into summer. Appointments are available other days of the week at the COMC Osage Beach clinic. This adjustment has been made to align with service usage patterns. Please call the Osage Beach clinic at 573-302-7490 to schedule an appointment.
- In partnership with COMC, free sports physicals will be provided every Friday in June at the following COMC clinics: Osage Beach, Camdenton, Laurie and Richland.
- Saturday, July 30 from 9am - 12pm the COMC clinics at: Eldon, Camdenton, Osage Beach, and Laurie will also host an opportunity for students to receive a free dental cleaning and exam and a free sports physical.
- In partnership with Lake Regional Health Systems, free sports physicals for middle school and high school students will be on the high school campus on May 25, 2022 starting at 3:45 pm. Click here for more information.
- The Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) Grade-Level Assessments and End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments evaluate students’ progress toward the Missouri Learning Standards. The Missouri Learning Standards define the knowledge and skills students need in each grade level and course for success in college, other post-secondary training and careers. These expectations are aligned to the Show-Me Standards, which define what all Missouri high school graduates should know and be able to do. Click here to continue reading.
- For more information about summer athletics & activities for middle school and high school click here.
- If you would like to request hotspot service on your child’s device, please click here to fill out the request form.
- Get your team together for the Middle School Dodgeball Tournament Friday, May 6th, 4:00 pm at the Middle School Gym. First 20 teams are in! Click here for registration packet and for more information.
- Summer School registration is now open! Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Click here to register and for more information.
- Extended Learning will be offered after school in June for students in grades K - 6th. Our K - 2 graders will be at Heritage Elementary and our 3 - 6 graders will be at the Upper Elementary. Extended Learning will begin on June 7th and offered Tuesdays - Fridays from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. There will be two Mondays offered (June 13th & 27th) from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Extended Learning on these Mondays will be parent drop off and pickups. If you would like your student(s) to attend the extended learning program in June, please enroll your student(s) when registering for summer school.
- Your School of the Osage Wellness Team would like to encourage you to participate in the Osage Cares 4th Quarter Wellness Challenge. This quarter, you have the opportunity to set your own personalized goal to cultivate your wellness. Click here for ideas and more information to get you started on your quarterly wellness goal. Once you’ve achieved your quarterly wellness goal (at the end of the quarter), please fill in the Google Form here by May 6 to qualify for the drawing.
- For the COVID dashboard, please click here.
- For event information, click here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson