Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
We are in the Spring Performance and Ceremony Season. You can check out a short video with highlights from the recent 3rd and 5th grade musicals here. If you missed those, there are many others coming up before the last day of school on May 27.
April 21- Kindergarten Spring Performance 6:30 pm
May 3- 6th Grade Spring Concert 6:00-7:30 pm
May 3- Time to Rise for incoming 3rd graders - UE 5:30 pm
May 5- Time to Rise for incoming 9th graders - HS 5:30 pm
May 7- OFP Spring Formal (Heritage and ECC) - 3:00 pm
May 10- HS Vocal Spring Show-7:00 pm
May 11- Time to Rise for incoming 6th graders -MS 5:00-6:30 pm
May 12- UE Ice Social 6:00 pm
May 13- Spring Band Concert - HS 7 pm
May 17- 7/8th Grade Spring Concert 5:45-7:15 pm
May 19- OHS Graduation 7 pm at Sports Stadium
May 25- UE Talent Show at 1:30 pm
May 26- UE Sports Day 9 am
We look forward to seeing you soon at one or more of these special events.
- Mrs. Gardner’s 1st grade class...Hatching Our Baby Chicks...click here.
- High school senior Jaelyn Harrison has received “Honorable Mention” for the 2022 Missouri Scholars 100, a statewide program that honors 100 of Missouri’s top academic students in the graduating class of 2022. Click here to read on.
- Check out another of our excellent Osage seniors by clicking here.
- Osage High School will host graduation on Thursday, May 19, 2022 at the stadium beginning at 7:00 pm. Senior parents, click here for more information.
- Osage Family Partnership (OFP) would like to invite you to participate in our spring fundraiser! Come rock the walk with us at the "Rock-A-Thon" this Saturday, April 23 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm at the high school track. This event will be highly anticipated and empowers every student to raise money via sponsorship donations! Money raised from the walk-a-thon will be put toward programs that enrich the education of our students. Click here for more information and to register.
- The Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) Grade-Level Assessments and End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments evaluate students’ progress toward the Missouri Learning Standards. The Missouri Learning Standards define the knowledge and skills students need in each grade level and course for success in college, other post-secondary training and careers. These expectations are aligned to the Show-Me Standards, which define what all Missouri high school graduates should know and be able to do. Click here to continue reading.
- The Project Graduation Yard & Craft sale previously scheduled for April 30 has been canceled.
- For more information about summer athletics & activities for middle school and high school click here.
- If you would like to request hotspot service on your child’s device, please click here to fill out the request form.
- Get your team together for the Middle School Dodgeball Tournament Friday, May 6th, 4:00 pm at the Middle School Gym. First 20 teams are in! Click here for registration packet and for more information.
- In partnership with Lake Regional Health Systems, free sports physicals for middle school and high school students will be on the high school campus on May 25, 2022 starting at 3:45 pm. Click here for more information.
- Summer School registration is now open! Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Click here to register and for more information.
- Extended Learning will be offered after school in June for students in grades K - 6th. Our K - 2 graders will be at Heritage Elementary and our 3 - 6 graders will be at the Upper Elementary. Extended Learning will begin on June 7th and offered Tuesdays - Fridays from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. There will be two Mondays offered (June 13th & 27th) from 7:30am to 6:00pm. Extended Learning on these Mondays will be parent drop off and pickups. If you would like your student(s) to attend the extended learning program in June, please enroll your student(s) when registering for summer school.
- In partnership with Central Ozarks Medical Center, the Mobile Dental Unit is scheduled to be on the high school campus the week of May 2. If you would like your student to receive dental services please fill out these consent forms or contact your child's school and they will mail you a packet. Consent forms are to be returned to your child's school by April 29th. If we do not have at least ten students signed up to receive services, we will need to cancel the mobile dental unit for this school year. COMC will be in contact with those interested in receiving services at the end of the month to start scheduling appointments. Please contact Lori Henley with any questions at 573-365-4091.
- Your School of the Osage Wellness Team would like to encourage you to participate in the Osage Cares 4th Quarter Wellness Challenge. This quarter, you have the opportunity to set your own personalized goal to cultivate your wellness. Click here for ideas and more information to get you started on your quarterly wellness goal. Once you’ve achieved your quarterly wellness goal (at the end of the quarter), please fill in the Google Form here.
- For the COVID dashboard, please click here.
- For event information, click here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson