Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
The next four tribes of the Osage Family Partnership (OFP) Zoom meeting with the Osage Leadership team is tomorrow, Thursday, November 5 at 12:30 pm. This is an informal conversation regarding thoughts and perceptions regarding what is working and what can be improved. We also use this time to address any parent questions/concerns and share district updates. We don’t always have the answers, but it is a regular opportunity to collaborate around student success! Please click here for the zoom link and enter the Meeting ID #: 91771651419 & Passcode: 581864. If you would like to call in, dial: 1-301-715-8592, passcode: 581864.
- School of the Osage will be waving our flags and sharing the heroic stories of our men and women in the armed forces. Click here for information on how veterans can participate in our district-wide Veterans Day celebration. Here you will have an agenda of events.
- Do you want to request for your student to move from in-person to virtual learning or back from virtual to in-person learning? Please submit your request by email to the designated contact by November 20. Heritage: [email protected], Upper Elementary: [email protected], Middle School: [email protected], High School: [email protected].
- Last week we opened a thought exchange around the question of “What are some important things you believe we should be thinking about as we plan for NEXT school year?” The exchange will be open until midnight tomorrow. So you still have an opportunity to check it out at Thoughtexchange. You can post your own thoughts, respond to the thoughts already posted, and see what is trending among the community. Results will be shared in the next couple of weeks.
- Please note that Monday, November 16th is a planned work day for staff and a planned day off for students; and there will be no childcare services.
- Due to no participation in Monday curbside meals, we will be suspending this service. Any questions, please contact Cindy Hutzler at ([email protected]).
- OHS Theatre is proud to present The Wizard of Oz. In order to keep our audience safe and socially distanced, half capacity of Cummings Auditorium will be sold for each performance. Show dates/times are November 19-21 at 7:00 PM with a 2:00 PM Matinee on Saturday (Understudy Show). Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- There will be a senior citizens drive-thru dinner on Thursday, November 19th from 4:00 - 5:00 pm. RSVP: (573) 348-0115 or visit our website for more information.
- Thanks to everyone who either sent in or posted photos to social media with their pumpkin carving/decorating masterpieces. Winners received gift cards to Stonecrest Book & Toy Store. Our Osage Wellness team would like for you to participate in the November challenge. To learn more, click here.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426