Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
Happy Homecoming Week! The football game will start at 7:00 pm this Friday against the Versailles Tigers. We are happy to celebrate not only the rich tradition of the game and all the fun that surrounds it, but by kick-off we will have officially made it through a full quarter of the 2020-2021 school year! I don’t know about you, but this feels like a victory in its own right. When it became clear that we needed to steer away from our traditional parade to avoid inadvertently causing a COVID problem, we started wondering if we could embrace the challenge of starting a new tradition: the homecoming mum.
You can google the concept. They are simply a bunch of ribbons behind a real (or not so real) mum flower, worn in corsage way, or on an arm-band or waist-band. We hear Hy-Vee is making some fun ones. There is also still time before now and the game to round up some Osage colored ribbons and just pin them on your shirt. Here in Osage 2020, wearing the festive ribbons all day Friday will be one way of saying We love Osage & We Stand Together in Support of Our Students, our Community and Each Other. If ever there is a time we need these kinds of reminders it is this year!
- A safe and orderly environment at athletic competitions is more important now than ever. Click here for more information on how you can help us with this on Friday.
- Game time or not, we want students at School of the Osage to feel safe and BE SAFE. We urge anyone with student safety concerns to make a report immediately by clicking this link.
- We are delighted to share that breakfast and lunch will continue to be free through the 2020-21 school year for all students at School of the Osage! This being funded through the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). (This program does not erase any previous outstanding balances in meal accounts, so please continue to pay those off.)
- Due to low participation, we will no longer have a drive through meal station at Heritage on Mondays. However, Monday meals will still be available for pick-up by reservation between 11 am - 1 pm. For more information, please contact Cindy Hutzler at [email protected].
- Parent Teacher Conferences are Monday, October 26 from 11 am - 7 pm, click here to sign up for Zoom meetings with your student(s) teacher(s). If you are having trouble signing up for conferences, you can always contact your student’s building and they can assist you. Or after opening up the Parent Teacher Conference Sign-up, you might want to “Request Desktop Website”. On an iOS device you will tap the AA in the search bar to select that feature.
- Please note that Monday, October 26 is a day off for students, and there is no Monday childcare due to parent teacher conferences.
- Mark your calendars! The next four tribes OFP Zoom meeting with the Osage Leadership team is Thursday, November 5 at 12:30 pm. This is an informal conversation regarding thoughts and perceptions regarding what is working, what can be improved, address any parent questions/concerns and learn about district updates. Please click here for the zoom link and enter the Meeting ID #: 91771651419 & Passcode: 581864. If you would like to call in, dial: 1-301-715-8592.
- The Osage Cares “Get Out and Move Challenge” ends October 19. Click here to know how to participate and enter for a prize drawing for tickets to The Cave Pumpkin Patch.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426