Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
Thank you to all who are providing input into the 22-23 student calendar. A couple of other possible calendar options have been developed for consideration and discussion at upcoming meetings, most immediately at tomorrow’s All Tribes Osage Family Partnership meeting at 12:30 pm at the Field House next to the football field. You can view additional options here: Version A, Version B, Version C. The goal of the Board of Education is to approve the student calendar at the February 28th meeting. Once the student calendar is approved, the district work calendars (there are several) will be approved by the BOE.
The new iPad fleet is getting close to being ready to be distributed to staff and students. The technology department will be working hard to get devices set up and seamlessly transitioned to the new fleet by early February. The model of the iPad is iPad 9th Generation Wi-Fi + Cellular 64GB. The case for the new iPad is the Logitech Rugged Combo 3 Touch. The benefits of these new devices include:
- Faster Charging
- Better case with keyboard and trackpad (mouse pad) for all students
- LTE capability for families currently utilizing hotspots or families who do not have access to Internet connectivity at home (for those who opt in)
- A larger screen
- Increased storage capacity
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
Finally, please note that COVID is currently posing challenges for our district. There are more total people (students and staff) out with COVID this week than we had all of the first semester combined. As usual, please let your building know if your student is ill- and also let us know if your family needs assistance with distance learning options if you feel that is appropriate for the circumstances. We are grateful for your assistance, patience, and flexibility as we work together this semester.
- We are excited to bring back our senior excellence highlights. Click here to read about December graduate Kiera George, and her plans to attend the Paul Mitchell School of Cosmetology in Springfield.
- The OFP All Tribes meeting is scheduled for tomorrow - Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 12:30 pm, in the community room at the fieldhouse next to the high school football field and via zoom. Click here for information on how to connect with us.
- Please note, Monday, January 17, 2022 the district is closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Also, there will be no Extended Learning. Click here for the Extended Learning Program calendar.
- Congratulations to all students, staff and community members that participated in the 2nd Quarter Osage Cares Cultivating Wellness Challenge. Click here for 2nd quarter participants and prize winners and more information on the 3rd quarter wellness challenge.
- Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. More information to come.
- Project Graduation cards are $15 per card and are available to purchase at the high school office or by a high school senior.
- The Project Graduation fundraiser, in partnership with the Ice Cream Factory and Hy-Vee, runs through February 1st. For every pint sold, a dollar is given back to project graduation. Vouchers can be found at the high school office or by a high school senior.
- Health info (like Osage COVID dashboard and COMC clinic) can be found on our website.
- For event information, you can easily access by clicking here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426