Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
We are in the process of working on the 2022-2023 Academic Calendar, which serves as the basis for all the other work calendars that support it. At this Monday’s BOE meeting (6:00 pm at the high school), the BOE will discuss proposed calendar considerations which include some of the following potential dates.
- First day student day- August 23, 2022/ Last Day student day- May 26, 2023
- Thanksgiving Break: Week of November 21-25, 2022
- Christmas Break: December 23, 2022- January 2, 2023
- Spring Break: April 3-April 10 (includes Easter), 2023
Relative to this year’s calendar, thanks to a grant we were awarded in November, we will now be offering childcare on ALL Mondays except: Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Parent Teacher Conferences, Spring Break Monday, Easter Break Monday, and Memorial Day.
Finally, in the event of inclement weather, notifications will be sent to families via robocall, text message, on our school website and social media outlets, and local news stations. Click here for more information on distance learning days, school and bus preparedness and other details.
- Board of Education meetings in January will be held on January 10 and January 24th at 6:00 pm in Cummings Auditorium at the High School. This change of location is happening to allow access to existing audio/visual resources already in place. In the event of inclement weather, our school website and social media outlets will provide information regarding cancellations, though the more likely scenario would be meeting via Zoom.
- Contact Kim Edwards at [email protected] if you or someone you know would like information regarding extending learning/childcare. We have recently added additional days of services.
- Summer School will be June 7 - June 30, 2022 from 8 am - 3:00 pm (Tuesdays - Fridays). Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. More information to come.
- The OFP 5 Tribes meeting is rescheduled for next Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 12:30 pm. We will be meeting in the commons of the fieldhouse next to the high school football field and via zoom. Click here for information on how to connect with us.
- Project Graduation cards are $15 per card and are available to purchase at the high school office or by a high school senior.
- The Project Graduation fundraiser, in partnership with the Ice Cream Factory and Hy-Vee, runs through February 1st. For every pint sold, a dollar is given back to project graduation. Vouchers can be found at the high school office or by a high school senior.
- Health info (like Osage COVID dashboard and COMC clinic) can be found on our website.
- For event information, you can easily access by clicking here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you or someone you know are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426