Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
Tomorrow we enter the month that contains Osage Homecoming, Parent/Teacher Conferences and Halloween! Our Osage Wellness Advisory board met this week and declared that October would also be Get Outside and Move month. There is more information on that below. I, for one, am going to try to take them up on the challenge. The Board of Education met this week for the normal meeting where the yearly survey plan and the annual strategic priorities were approved; the links to both are included below along with links to many other updates.
- The School of the Osage Wellness Advisory Board met on Monday to discuss the general "State of Wellness" of our Osage family. We understand that there are many feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, concerned, etc. and we want to support you as best as we can. The team came up with "Osage Cares" monthly challenges to help encourage our staff, student, and family health during this challenging time. Click here for the October Challenge.
- Click here for the 2020-21 Strategic Plan Scope of Work.
- Click here for the 2020-21 Survey Plan.
- Click here for an update on the rescheduled senior citizens banquet. We love this annual tradition and are hopeful pandemic conditions will improve and allow us to hold it second semester. If not, there is always summer and perhaps a parking lot could be outfitted for the event. We are going to do whatever we can to make it happen if at all possible.
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences will be Monday, October 26th (11 am - 7 pm). Conferences will be held via online zoom meetings. More information including how to sign up to meet with your student(s) teacher(s) will be provided in next week's update.
- Click here for the latest COVID-19 dashboard update.
- Homecoming is October 12-16. Click here or check out the SOTO High School Facebook page for an overview of spirit days.
As ever, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions or I may otherwise be of service. Thank you for helping us continue to keep schools open!
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426