Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
We have received notification that two Osage High School students have tested positive for COVID-19. We are cooperating with the local health departments to aid in the contact tracing, which has already started and is expected to be wrapped up by tomorrow. You will be contacted directly by the health department if you or your student is considered a close contact.
As a reminder, the Osage plan for this school year is to be able to provide continuity of instruction PreK-12. We anticipate that each time there is a contact tracing effort connected to one of our students or staff members, some number of them may be directed to quarantine at home. We want to assure you that our plan for this year was designed to help us accommodate a variety of scenarios.
- Individual students on quarantine will be supported by using a variety of resources including Canvas, Zoom, Remind and/or packets of materials to stay in touch with their teachers and engage in their learning.
- In the event that seated attendance in any given building dips below 75% that building will pivot to distance learning for a minimum of 1-4 days. This pivot to full distance learning would be undertaken to minimize the potential spread of illness, provide for additional sanitation, and ensure continuity of instruction.
- Building level student activities/practices will also take place virtually on days buildings are not open for seated instruction.
- Staff attendance and other local health considerations are being monitored and could also trigger the pivot to distance learning.
- Decisions will be made on a building by building basis.
We continue to be committed to providing you with as much information as we are able to share. Keeping students and staff safe, healthy, and in school as much as possible this year is our chief goal. We assure you that we will continue to collaborate with the local health directors and update procedures as local conditions warrant.
Thank you for all you are doing to partner with us.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426