Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
As we wrap up this first week and look forward to week two, I wanted to share a few reminders.
- Today is a full day of classes. There is not an early out- as has been the case on Fridays in the past.
- We have our first home football game tonight. Please click here for ways you can help us save our season! (Also, a few days ago I wrote we would be debuting the new band uniforms. Due to the heat, we will not be doing this today, but rather at the September 11 home game against Eldon.)
- Monday is our first distance learning day for students grades K – 12. Childcare for students in grades K-5 is available from 8:00 am- 2:00 pm at Heritage for Monday by reservation. Drop-offs start at 7:30 am. We will be running our typical summer school routes- click here to view Monday's bus routes. Email Kim Edwards ([email protected]) with any questions or Tony Hatfield ([email protected]) with questions regarding bus routes.
- Drive through food distribution on distance learning Mondays takes place at Heritage elementary school from 11:00-noon.
- Canvas is the learning management system for instruction for all students grades K-12. Course materials and assignments are added to the Canvas platform in a way that makes them easily accessible by students from the classroom and at home. School of the Osage has set up all parents/guardians with observer accounts so parents can log in and see all of the students' courses. If you need any assistance with logins or technology, please contact the technology office:
Email: [email protected]
- We have a variety of resources available for parents as noted below.
- Here’s a parent manual for School of the Osage Technology. https://drive.google.com/file/
d/ 1VLphTfbfXT3TfwQvYIu3X0NY4xSKe u2F/view
- Here’s an introduction to the technology we will be using this year, including the charging cables, iPads and cases. https://osageschools.
instructuremedia.com/embed/ 664368d2-84a6-4b79-b7ce- 55aec908ebe3
- The work assigned to your student on Monday can be accessed in Canvas. It has been posted for your student as of 8am Friday morning. Here’s a video of how to navigate Canvas with your student. https://osageschools.
instructuremedia.com/embed/ 0af2ead2-8254-4996-94ec- f6c326df150a
Work can be completed between today (Friday) and when your student returns on Tuesday.
- Zoom calls will be scheduled in Canvas under the Zoom topic in your student’s class. Please check this tab to find any calls scheduled for your student.
- Zoom Office Hours
- Students in elementary school can access their teacher during their scheduled Zoom office hour through the Zoom link in their course.
- Students at the middle and high school can access a directory of their teachers’ office hours in the building courses, which can be found on their dashboard. The building course is called OMS Tribe for middle school, and OHS Homeroom for high school students.
- The recorded parent training from Monday, Aug. 24th can be found here: https://osageschools.
instructuremedia.com/embed/ 23cc4a5d-0ded-452a-9753- 374ebd3d2559
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426