Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
It is very exciting to be writing this today, less than a week away from our first scheduled day of classes for 2020-2021. Our team is so happy to have the OPPORTUNITY to welcome students back to our campuses on Tuesday! We are ready to move forward, and we stand committed to supporting you in as many ways as we possibly can.
- The first day of the 2020-2021 school year is Tuesday, August 25th. Please visit our website here for more information. Watch for a welcome email from your child's teacher which will include how to contact your students’ teacher(s) and office hours.
- Childcare for distance learning Mondays begins Monday August 31 by reservation for students grades K - 5. It runs from 8:00 am - 2:00 pm. Drop-offs can start at 7:30 am. Email Mrs. Kim Edwards ([email protected]) for more information. Additionally, our community partners over at Our Lady of the Lake have created a Monday program for 6th graders which is available by reservation to any interested family. You can call them directly for more information. Our community partners at Harper Chapel have also created a distance learning Monday program, also available by reservation. Please contact them directly for additional information.
- Have questions about distance learning Mondays? Please join us THIS Monday, August 24 for an online Zoom Meeting for a Q & A on Distance Learning. Click here to sign up for a meeting time that works for you. Once you have registered, a meeting invite will be sent to you via email. For parent resources regarding distance learning, visit our website here for more information.
- Our district's reentry plan details our mask requirements. Staff members will be required to be in possession of a mask or face covering and will be required to have it on in any instance where social distance cannot be maintained. Students in grades 6-12 will be strongly encouraged to wear a mask or face covering in any instance where social distance cannot be maintained (such as passing periods in the hallways, lunch lines, etc). Any visitors/parents who enter the building will be required to enter through the main entrance, required to wear a mask while in the building, scanned by the thermal temperature cameras, and will be tracked in a visitor log to include symptom screening questions, date and time of visit, where in the building they travel to, and which, if any, students or staff they have contact with. Click here for more information on the Osage Reentry Plan.
- Parents who can safely transport their students to/from school are encouraged to do so to help minimize the number of students riding the bus and allow for minimized contact.
- You may see buses out and about the next few days running test routes. The purpose of the test run is to prepare for the first day of school. If you have any questions, please reach out to our transportation director, Tony Hatfield.
- Student medication drop-off is by appointment only at your child’s school August 24th. Please call your students’ building secretary to schedule your appointment.
- Looking for Osage Spirit Wear? Click here to order online. If you have questions, visit the OFP Spirit Wear Facebook Page here. Orders are due by September 25.
- OFP leadership has partnered with us all summer to help ensure we are as prepared as possible for an organized (spirit-wear filled) return to classes and LEARNING! Their dedication and commitment has been instrumental in our planning and has helped set us up to start with success. THANK YOU OFP!
Have a wonderful weekend- all the best to you and your family as you make your final preparations to HEAD BACK TO SCHOOL!
ALL IN- ALL OSAGE!