Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
Congratulations on the successful completion of the first week of this new school year. By most accounts, it was a strong start. Looking forward, we are continuing to focus on ways that we can ensure success for all students. One important area that arose from the ESSR 3 parent input survey we did a few weeks ago was the need to ensure a very strong focus on student mental health and social/emotional wellness. Accordingly, we have invested in a data system (Panorama) to monitor the information; and we are forming a committee made up of community members, students, and staff devoted to ensuring deep understanding about trends and, importantly, next steps. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you would like more information or are interested in participating.
- Individual MAP test results from last spring’s state assessments will be mailed home in the near future. If you have questions about your student’s scores, please contact the building principal for more information.
- To participate in this year's Osage Cares Wellness Challenges, please click here for more information.
- Homecoming is Friday, September 24. Our High School student council is partnering with the HyVee Floral Department to sell Homecoming Mum Corsages - for year two of this festive new tradition! It’s not too early to go to HyVee and place your order at the Floral Department, please reference School of the Osage. (Prices vary). Also, ordering forms will be coming home soon. (Some people also made their own and others ordered from Etsy.)
- The Summer Reading Challenge, Read Across America, ends on Labor Day (9/6/21). Be sure all pages are logged by the end of day Monday. Click here for more information and how to log your pages.
- September 3 (this Friday) is Community Night in conjunction with Lake Area Chamber of Commerce at our first home football game. Many local business partners and supporters will have booths set up and will be onsite for you to view as you enter.
- The next OFP 5 Tribes meeting will be tomorrow -Thursday, September 2, 12:30 pm at the OHS Fieldhouse. All are welcomed and encouraged to participate!
- SOTO Spirit Wear is available for purchase - all orders are due by midnight TOMORROW-September 2nd. Click here to place your order. If you have any questions, email [email protected]. And visit the Facebook page at: SOTO Spirit Wear - OFP.
- Breakfast and lunch will continue to be free through the 2021-22 school year for all School of the Osage students. An extra charge will apply if your student(s) checks out a second meal. If you are in need of food due to quarantine and/or virtual education, please contact Cindy Hutzler, via email: [email protected].
- It's not too late to submit your lunch status application. We'd like for all families in the district to fill this out this year. Any submission regardless of income level will result in free iPad insurance for the school year. This will run through September 28, 2021. After that date, iPad insurance will be charged at the rate of $10 per student. You can submit a lunch application here: https://www.myschoolapps.com/
- If you still need to register your student(s) for the new school year, please note that online registration is still open. All families will need to fill out this application. Please log into Tyler SIS-K12 to complete the registration. Go to https://sdm.sisk12.com/
OT360x3/parent and ensure you are logging in as a parent with the email address we have on file for you. You will then click the blue “view” link in the yellow banner. If you have any issues getting logged in, please email [email protected]. If you have forgotten your password, please press “the “forgot your parent password?” link. You can also visit https://osageschools.org/ registration for more information and detailed guides.
- For the up-to-date COVID dashboard, please click here. Please remember that one of the most important things you can do to help us is to keep your student at home if she or he is sick. Thank you so much for your willingness to help us with this challenge.
- You can easily access event information by clicking here for the Osage Fan Plan.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426