Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
Good morning! Today is Osage Fest from 3:00 pm to 7:00pm. It is free for all district families and will be an excellent opportunity to get ready for a strong and successful school year. See below for additional details. Students from the Vision Council, parent representatives from our Osage Family Partnership (OFP), building office staff, and the entire administrative team will be there to answer any questions you might have! It is our goal to ensure that you have the information you need to help your student feel confident and prepared for the year ahead.
- In addition to Osage Fest, Central Registration is today (August 11) from 12 - 7 pm and tomorrow (August 12) from 8 am - 3 pm at Osage High School. Click here for the Central Registration map. If you are new to the district and need to know what to bring with you to Central Registration, please click here. New student registration for preschoolers will be at the Early Childhood Center this week: August 9 - 13, 8 am - 3 pm, walk-ins welcomed. If you have any questions, please contact the Early Childhood Center here.
- During Central Registration today (August 11) from 3:00 - 7:00 pm and in partnership with our Osage Family Partnership (OFP), all PK - 12 grade students & families are encouraged to attend Osage Fest - a family event that includes free food and prizes, free haircuts, vision/dental screenings, community resources and more. Click here for the Osage Fest map and a list of community members that will be there. You can also visit the Osage Fest Facebook page: @SOTOOsageFest for more information.
- Student device distribution for all grades will be held on the first day of school this year. We ask that if your child still has a checked out device at home, that you turn it into your child’s building office or at student registration on August 11 and 12. The technology office needs to run updates on all devices and ensure they are in working order for the upcoming school year.
- Online registration is open. All families will need to fill out this application. Please log into Tyler SIS-K12 to complete the registration. Go to https://sdm.sisk12.com/
OT360x3/parent and ensure you are logging in as a parent with the email address we have on file for you. You will then click the blue “view” link in the yellow banner. If you have any issues getting logged in, please email [email protected]. If you have forgotten your password, please press “the “forgot your parent password?” link. You can also visit https://osageschools.org/ registration for more information and detailed guides.
- We are asking all families to fill out the lunch status application this school year. The completion of this application for your children will cancel iPad insurance program fees for your children regardless of your child’s lunch status. Please note, a standard deductible will still be charged for lost or broken devices.
- We want to hear from our students, staff, parents, and community. Please fill out this quick survey and let us know your thoughts and suggestions (your answers will be anonymous) relative to the use of federal stimulus funds. The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER III) provides over $122 billion to states and Local Education Agencies, including approximately $4.7 million to School of the Osage (SOTO). We are currently gathering input from a comprehensive stakeholder engagement process to help determine how it should potentially spend the federal dollars to address learning, COVID-19 preparedness and COVID-19 recovery. Click here to participate in the survey.
- The 2021-22 SOTO Spirit Wear is available for purchase. All orders are due by midnight on September 2nd and are expected to be delivered by Homecoming, September 24th. Look for the “Official SOTO Spirit Wear Store” QR Code on display at Central Registration, Osage Fest and at your student’s school office. Your order will raise money to purchase requested items from students, teachers and principals that help make a direct impact in your student’s classroom. Click here to place your order. If you have any questions, email [email protected]. And visit the Facebook page at: SOTO Spirit Wear - OFP.
- The Lake Ozark Soccer Association (LOSA) registration is open for the Fall 2021 Soccer season for ages 4-15 years. Please click here for more information.
- You can easily access event information by clicking here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- Click here for the board approved 2021-2022 school calendar and here for building school supply lists.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426