Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
- We are getting really close to celebrating the class of 2020! Graduation is just around the corner on June 18th at 8:00 pm. Thanks to the care and support of our community, this amazing group of students has earned 87 local scholarships! Five students were awarded the prestigious Hagan Foundation Scholarship totaling $48,000 per student. This is a nationwide scholarship. We have ten students joining our Nation's militaries! The number of dollars earned by our 2020 grads is outstanding, and we look forward to announcing the total at the ceremony.
- Speaking of the graduation ceremony, based on our current number of requested seats for graduation, it is our intention to honor all requests as long as we have outdoor graduation. We are no longer taking any additional requests for seating. If you want to verify the number of tickets your child requested, please call the high school office or email [email protected]
. IF GRADUATION IS INDOORS due to weather, we will be limiting each student to 6 tickets total. Also, we plan to live-stream graduation to the middle school parking lot so any students or community members may watch from there without a ticket.
- During summer when many are looking for unique ways to make our own fun, DESE and the Department of Health and Senior Services have collaborated to provide resources. Visit the Missouri Healthy Schools website to view short videos about healthy snacks and easy “recess” ideas to keep families active and healthy. Click here to check it out.
- Our July Summer School registration will be open Monday, June 15th. We are offering both limited in-seat opportunities as well as on-line courses through Launch in July. Families of students who were recommended for seated summer school were contacted by their student's school. The deadline to register will be Friday, July 3rd. Launch course offerings can be found on our website here. Please contact our summer school coordinator, David Harris, at [email protected] for more information.
- Jumpstart Kindergarten in-person registration will be July 6th - 10th at Heritage Elementary. We must have a Birth Certificate, Proof of Residency, & Immunization Record. Screenings will be completed during summer school.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426