Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
We have been working diligently all summer to monitor local health trends as we seek to ensure a safe and successful return to school this year. Back in June we posted a draft of our 2021-2022 Safe Return to School and Continuity of Services Plan. Since then, we have continued to collaborate with local health authorities and have updated the content and the structure of the plan located at this link for your review. The Miller, Morgan and Camden county health departments have also been working together, and they have provided us with a flow chart which illustrates how COVID cases will be navigated. The use of this flowchart is one important component of our plan for this fall.
Our administrative team will be at Central Registration next week (see details below) gathering input and answering questions. Additionally, please note that Central Ozarks Medical Center and the Miller County Health Center will be onsite offering the Pfizer vaccine, for free, to all interested Osage family members that are 12 and up. The COVID vaccine clinic will be on August 11 from 4pm-7pm.
As we did last year, we are going to continue to focus on providing as many outstanding opportunities as possible for All Osage students. We are grateful for your partnership and looking forward to the year ahead!
- Online registration is open. All families will need to fill out this application. Please log into Tyler SIS-K12 to complete the registration. Go to https://sdm.sisk12.com/
OT360x3/parent and ensure you are logging in as a parent with the email address we have on file for you. You will then click the blue “view” link in the yellow banner. If you have any issues getting logged in, please email [email protected]. If you have forgotten your password, please press “the “forgot your parent password?” link. You can also visit https://osageschools.org/ registration for more information and detailed guides.
- We are asking all families to fill out the lunch status application this school year. The completion of this application for your children will cancel iPad insurance program fees for your children regardless of your child’s lunch status. Please note, a standard deductible will still be charged for lost or broken devices.
- Central Registration is for all new and returning families with students in grades K-12. Please plan to attend and pick schedules & locker information, take school pics, get information about transportation and more. New student registration for preschoolers will be at the Early Childhood Center August 9 - 13, 8 am - 3 pm, walk-ins welcomed. If you have any questions, please contact the Early Childhood Center here.
- Student device distribution for all grades will be delayed until the first day of school this year. We ask that if your child still has a device checked out to them at home, that you turn it into your child’s building office or at student registration on August 11 and 12. The technology office needs to run updates on all devices and ensure they are in working order for the upcoming school year.
- During Central Registration on August 11, 3:00 - 7:00 pm and in partnership with our Osage Family Partnership (OFP) all PK - 12 grade students & families are encouraged to attend Osage Fest - a family event that includes free food and prizes, free haircuts, vision/dental screenings, community resources and more. Click here for more information.
- The 2021-22 SOTO Spirit Wear is now available for purchase. All orders are due by midnight on September 2nd and are expected to be delivered by Homecoming, September 24th. Look for the “Official SOTO Spirit Wear Store” QR Code on display at Central Registration, Osage Fest and at your student’s school office. Your order will raise money to purchase requested items from students, teachers and principals that help make a direct impact in your student’s classroom. Click here to place your order or visit the SOTO Spirit Wear - OFP Facebook page. If you have any questions, email [email protected].
- The next OFP 5 Tribes meeting will be tomorrow, Thursday, August 5, at 12:30 pm via zoom to finalize Osage Fest. (Please click here for the zoom link and enter the Meeting ID#:95374060690 & Passcode: XoH01bDItF. If you would like to call in, dial: 1-312-626-6799, passcode: 7492327969). All are welcomed and encouraged to participate!
- The Lake Ozark Soccer Association (LOSA) registration is open for the Fall 2021 Soccer season for ages 4-15 years. Please click here for more information.
- Click here for the board approved 2021-2022 school calendar and here for building school supply lists. Here you will have information on the back to school sales tax holiday August 6 - 8.
- To stay informed with up-to-date information on athletics and activities, click here for the SOTO Fan Plan.
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426