Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
I hope this email finds you well and enjoying summer! Learning has been going strong this past month. Last week, 350 students K-12 successfully completed four weeks of summer school. In addition to that, we’ve had 73 readers complete the first level of our Summer Reading Challenge!
Around the district, we also use June and July to ensure everything is planned and ready to go for your family in August. At Monday night’s meeting, the Board of Education approved the 21-22 strategic scope of work and the 21-22 Budget.
I will send another update in July with additional information. In the meantime, as ever, do not hesitate to let me know if you have questions and/or I could otherwise be of service.
- Join us in congratulating Mr. Steve Adams, Middle School Math Teacher, for being chosen as one of three Regional Teachers of the Year from the Heart of MO RPDC! Mr. Adams is now eligible to participate in the selection process for Missouri State Teacher of the Year which will be announced in late September.
- As part of compliance with the third round of federal stimulus funding (ESSER 3) districts around the state were required to post a 21-22 Safe Return to School & Continuity of Services Plan.
- If your student would like to take a virtual summer school course in July through LAUNCH, it is not too late. Registration is open until the first day, July 7th in all classes except PE and Physical Fitness. The July program runs from July 7th to July 30th. To register, please email David Harris, Summer School Coordinator, at [email protected].
- We have already had 73 readers earn their first prize in our Read Across America Summer Reading Challenge for reading at least 100 pages. If you haven't joined in, it's not too late! The program runs until Labor Day and you can backlog any reading you have done since Memorial Day. Students login with their school login credentials. If you have any questions, please email David Harris, Summer School Coordinator, at [email protected] or click here for more information.
- Central Registration is for all new families with students in grades K-12 and returning families with students in grades 6 - 12. Please plan to attend and pick up iPads, schedules & locker information, take school pics, get information about transportation and more. New student registration for preschoolers will be at the Early Childhood Center August 9 - 13, 8 am - 3 pm, walk-ins welcomed. If you have any questions, please contact the Early Childhood Center here.
- During Central Registration on August 11 from 3:00 - 7:00 pm and in partnership with our Osage Family Partnership (OFP) all PK - 12 grade students & families are encouraged to attend Osage Fest - a family event that includes free food and prizes, free haircuts, vision/dental screenings, community resources and more. Click here for more information.
- Over the next two weeks, all iPad insurance claims will all be entered into MySchoolBucks for items such as broken screens, lost keyboards, and lost chargers. Claims for chargers are not required to be paid unless you would like your child to be issued a charger at the start of next school year.
- The next OFP 5 Tribes meeting will be Thursday, July 15, 12:30 - 3:00 pm at the OHS Fieldhouse. This will be an in-person meeting and we will be finalizing plans for Osage Fest. All are welcomed and encouraged to participate!
- Get 100 FREE diapers by attending our Drive through Diaper Drive at Heritage Elementary! July 29th from 5-7 pm. For more information - check out the Facebook page: https://fb.me/e/Re8ZOO2u.
- The Osage Family Partnership needs your help. If you would be willing to donate your gently used backpack for a family in need, click here to see how you can help.
- The SOTO COMC Health Clinic will remain open through the summer months. Hours of operation are 7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. (M-Fr.) If you want your child to have the option to be seen at the clinic, a consent form will need to be filled out prior to your visit - click here for more information. To make an appointment or if you have any questions, call the clinic at: (573) 552-8852 or (573) 348-0115 ext. 4501.
- Click here for the board approved 2021-2022 school calendar and here for building school supply lists. Here you will have information on the back to school sales tax holiday August 6 - 8.
- The SOTO COMC Health Clinic (next to the high school football field) will be hosting a sports physical night on July 29, 4 - 7 pm. Click here for details.
- To stay informed with up-to-date information on athletics and activities, click here for the SOTO Fan Plan.
Happy 4th of July Weekend!
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426