Dear School of the Osage Students, Families, and Community-
One of our core values is Tradition. Students in tech tribe recently created a time-traveling video. Utilizing then and now photo comparisons, alumni interviews, and video footage past and present, the video illustrates the numerous ways the Osage of today reflects the Osage of the past. Click here to check it out!
Speaking of traditions, many of us count among our favorite traditions our annual Veteran’s Day celebrations. We were disappointed when conditions last year did not allow us to have our assemblies, and we are delighted that this year, we are able to welcome our community back into our buildings for this special day. On behalf of the School of the Osage Staff and Board of Education, thank you to all Veterans and their families. Each time we say the pledge of allegiance at school, we are reminded of your sacrifice and of our lasting gratitude. Tomorrow, we will pay special tribute to your bravery, generosity, and courage at our Veteran’s Day celebrations. Please click here for details. We hope to see you there!
- If you missed it, for the Osage Traditions video click here.
- Update your calendars -the next OFP 5 Tribes meeting is rescheduled for Thursday, December 2nd at 12:30 pm at the OHS Fieldhouse or via zoom. Click here on how to connect via zoom.
- The middle school is looking for gently used Osage gear! Our most needed sizes are adult sizes M-2XL. We use these for any students who need them for PE or just for spirit wear. Please drop off or send to the middle school office.
- The 34th Annual Senior Citizens’ Banquet will be Thursday, November 18th at the Osage High School. To reserve your seat at the banquet, please call the high school office at 573-348-0115. Click here for more information.
- OHS Theatre presents: All Shook Up. Show dates/times are November 18-20 at 7:00 pm at Cummings Auditorium. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- The Upper Elementary OFP is partnering with Li'L Rizzos for the Take & Bake Pizza Fundraiser November 9 - December 3rd. Fifty percent of all proceeds will be donated to the UE OFP. Click here for more information.
- The 41st Annual Holiday Bazaar will be held at the middle school gym on Saturday, December 4 from 9 am - 3 pm. Over 100 booths of homemade crafts & decor, jewelry, clothes and other specialty holiday items such as personalized ornaments. For more information click here.
- Osage Cares would like you to participate in the 2nd Quarter Wellness Challenge. Click here for more information on how to set an attainable personal wellness goal and work to achieve it! Also, check out first quarter winners.
- If history repeats itself, inclement weather is indeed a possibility moving forward into the near future. The first five inclement weather days at SOTO will be instructional days through distance learning. Students in our in-person classes will attend classes via zoom and Canvas. Students in our virtual program will not notice a difference in the day. Click here to access the current year student calendar. In the event of inclement weather, notifications will be sent to families via robocall, text message, on our school website and social media outlets, and local news stations.
- Don’t forget that you can access our partners at the COMC clinic located next to the football field. Already the conveniently located clinic has been utilized by students, their families, and our staff for so many health issues, including immunizations, sports physicals, minor injuries, illnesses, and COVID testing and more. To make an appointment call 573-552-8852.
- For the up-to-date COVID dashboard, please click here. Please remember that one of the most important things you can do to help us is to keep your student at home if she or he is sick. Thank you so much for your willingness to help us with this challenge.
- You can easily access event information by clicking here for the Osage Fan Plan.
- If you are in need of assistance of any type, please reach out- we have a variety of resources available and/or can connect you with other organizations. Contact us via our Indian Support Hotline at 573-552-8878 or [email protected].
Dr. Laura Nelson
*Indian Support Hotline:
573-552-8878 or [email protected]
Additional Community Support Resources:
Hope House Food Pantry at (573) 365-0099
Camden County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 346-6145
Miller County Community Assistance Hotline at (573) 692-0426